Instagram Marketing Tips for Turning Followers into Customers
- Read Instant Famous Latest News About Social Media Services
- 31 Mar, 2021
Generally, businesses should look for ways to build massive followership on different social media platforms such as Instagram. However, since the goal of every business is to make lots of sales, it is essential to turn your Instagram followers into paying customers. But if you don’t know the right things to do, it will be difficult for you to achieve this goal.
If you are in this dilemma, don’t worry as this article will show you Instagram marketing tips for turning your followers into customers.
Know your target audience
Although Instagram is a social media channel for everybody, your target audience cannot be every user. Therefore, it is paramount to know who you want to sell your products to and their unique characteristics. By understanding your target audiences, it will be easier for you to customize your offers on Instagram to suit their particular tastes and needs.
In general, the things you must know about your target audience include:
- Age range
- Economic status
Have a profile that resonates with your audience
You cannot expect likes, following, comments, etc. from your target audiences if your profile doesn’t resonate with them. Therefore, you must take the time to create an Instagram profile that draws your audiences closer to your brand.
Your display picture, profile name, and description must be able to tell anyone what you are capable of offering. This is a great way to attract followers that will be willing to become your customers. If you already have an Instagram page, you can modify it to resonate with your target audiences and encourage them to do business with you.
Have a plan for converting followers to customers
The next step is to create a detailed plan for turning your followers on Instagram into customers. By having a plan, it will be easier for you to determine whether you are on the right track or not.
While creating a plan for your Instagram marketing, here are some vital questions you must ask yourself:
- How can I make my followers trust my business?
- How can my business page educate them?
- How can I make my followers see my business as an authority in this field?
- Where do I want to take my followers after engaging with my Instagram page?
- How can I make them part ways with their hard-earned money?
Don’t start bombarding them with deals from the beginning
One of the dreadful errors you can make when starting Instagram marketing for your business is blasting deals from the start. This is often annoying to most social media users; hence, you will have a hard time convincing them to stay long enough with you. Therefore, you must avoid shoving your offers into their faces from the start.
So, you should start by being resourceful to your target audience. Don’t post “buy now” offers at the beginning. Use the right hashtags and language so that they don’t see you as another social media marketer that is only after their money.
Share engaging content
As long as Instagram marketing is concerned, you will only convert followers to customers if they like your content. If someone doesn’t get interesting or resourceful content from you, they will probably not trust you enough to pay for your product or service. Therefore, you should share or post killer content that will continue to draw your followers to your page.
Since Instagram is mostly about eye-catching pictures and engaging videos, you should not hesitate to give your followers what they want. You can do this through the following:
- Evoke emotional connections by utilizing images and videos of real individuals that your audience can relate with.
- Edit your images and videos to ensure they are high-quality content. There are tons of apps you can use for this. Alternatively, you can hire an image or video editor to help you.
Sell with subtlety
While you shouldn’t bombard your followers with offers, you must still market to them from time to time. So, how can you achieve this? Learn what it takes to sell your product or service with subtlety. In other words, don’t come too strong about marketing your product, but find a way to let your followers know how you can help them.
To sell with subtlety, you should do the following:
- Offer freebies, contests, free reports, giveaways, and other things that encourage your followers to learn about your product or service.
- Invite your audiences to check out your store or website.
Have a strong call-to-action
Once you have started selling with subtlety, the next step is to always add a strong call-to-action to your content. A call-to-action refers to a phrase, word, or other things that point back to your business. Also, it is important to make sure your Instagram content is related to your business so that you can add call-to-action naturally to the post.
A strong call-to-action can come in different ways such as:
- A link to a quiz or survey on your site
- A freebie in exchange for the emails of the audiences
- A link to a particular landing page where they can access some offers
- A platform (outside Instagram) where your followers to learn more about a particular subject
- An invitation for exclusive content or event
- A link for a promotion or product
- An invitation to join an exclusive community
Always make your followers feel special
Last but not least, you need to make your followers feel that they are special to your business. This doesn’t only make them feel valued and honored, but it also encourages them to want to use your service or product.
How do you make your followers feel special?
- Engage their comment under your content by liking, sharing, or commenting on it.
- Respond swiftly to the queries or requests of your followers.
- Publicize the queries or feedback of your customers on your page.
- Mention or promote a particular loyal follower to make them feel special.
In addition to the above, you can also get instant followers, instant likes, and comments on Instagram to boost the online presence of your business. Over time, all these factors will play an important role in converting your followers to customers.